Pages

Nov 20, 2010

Baranya-Baranja

I wrote my last post about a week ago about Croatia and Hungary. As a plus I added an image of the mapt of a part of Hungary and a part of Croatia namely southern Hungary and northern Croatia. On the map you could see two cities Pécs and Osijek. Pécs is where I study. It is my second home...

History has created a gap between Pécs and Osijek since a border has been drawn between these two cities after 1919. They are both considered major cities within their countries and regional centers. They are less than a 100 km away from each other.

In the following couple of posts I'd like to introduce to you the rich culture and heritage of this fantastic region as well as its current politics.

Until my next post here is a link to a video about Pécs made by Antal Hamerli in 1939: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvAgYmZpnPQ

No comments:

Post a Comment